6 Reasons a Home-Based Franchise is for You
When you picture owning a home-based franchise, what do you see? Have you been wondering if you have what it takes to make that exciting career leap into entrepreneurship?
Here are six reasons owning a home-based franchise could be a great fit for you:
1. You love learning. While it would help if you have a background in sales and marketing (or any of the skills one might consider to be important for running a home-based franchise), you don’t need to have a specialized background or education to become a dynamic franchise owner. Many people have succeeded owning and operating a home-based franchise with no previous experience in the industry. What’s their secret? The desire to learn what is important to succeed, and the willingness to put what they learn into practice. If you consider yourself teachable and are eager to learn what it takes to succeed in a home-based business, then you’re already on the right track for success.
2. You have lots of energy. If your friends and family are always asking you “Where do you get all that energy?” you have a key ingredient for success as a business owner. Why? Energy points to passion. Even the most productive people feel “zapped” of their energy in certain work environments: a dead giveaway that they’re not at the right job (or even the right field)! If you feel a lack of energy at work, the problem isn’t laziness, it’s lack of inspiration!
3. Take a moment to ask yourself some questions about your current job/field:
Does this work align with my passions?
Am I excited to come to work every day, or do I dread it?
Am I energized and motivated at work– or is it just sapping my energy?
Now ask yourself the same questions with working for yourself in mind. Does the idea of owning your own home-based franchise get you dreaming big? Do you find the thought of entrepreneurship freeing and empowering? If so, it’s time for a change! We’ve seen many entrepreneurs find their passion when they step out of the corporate world and into their own home-based franchise. When you’re doing what you love, work just doesn’t feel like work.
4. You’re a People Person. A simple commitment to being personable is a great strategy for success in entrepreneurship. A certain level of confidence is required, but much of that will come naturally once you know your product or service well (an easy fix with the right resources and training). Along with finding enjoyment in meeting new people and sharing information with them, the real secret to “people skills” is just being yourself. Once you find your “groove” in the relationship-building process, your interpersonal skills will benefit your bottom consistently– and significantly. The interconnectedness and immediacy of Social Media platforms make it even easier to form and nurture the long-term connections that will drive the success of your business.
5. You’re committed to helping others. There’s an old saying: “The secret to success is this: help enough other people get what they want, and you will get what you want.” If you find fulfillment in serving others and improving their quality of life, you can definitely own and operate a successful home-based franchise.
You’re prepared to invest in your success. While you won’t need $150,000 or $200,000 to get started in a business of your own, you will need to have a plan in place for making an initial investment. Having the money (or getting a loan) is only the first step. You also will want to be confident in your decision, and comfortable taking your career in a new direction. This kind of self-discovery–especially if you have the opportunity to talk to someone in the field that interests you–can go a long way to making you a confident and capable investor in the future of your business.
6. You’re ready to get this show on the road. Does the idea of being ready to serve your customers with a product or service you’re excited about within 90 days energize and motivate you? If you see yourself learning the ins and outs an exciting new business and bringing a quality service to the public in the next few months, then you have the drive and vision needed for owning and operating a home-based franchise.
Now take a moment and ask yourself, what would my ideal home-based franchise look like? Can you picture yourself performing all of the above steps with joy and enthusiasm? Can you see the success you would have in your business with a network of resources, support and best practices behind you? Can you imagine how owning your own business would improve the quality of your personal and professional life? If so, this may be the right path for you and your career.
Do you still have questions? Let us know in the comments!